• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

North Beach suggestions?

cpl55

Hello, all - I am going to a show on Columbus Ave on Saturday night and looking for a good "find" in North Beach. Casual, relatively inexpensive (under $30-ish per person, excluding wine). Italian, American, mediterranean are of most interest to me. I searched previous threads, but couldn't find anything too recent as far as recommendations in North Beach. (I've done Stinking Rose, Rose Pistola, and Steps of Rome. Not looking to go to any of those.)

I really appreciate any tips!

Thanks,

Christina

Christina

www.sleeplessfoodie.com

There is a jewel on Colombus Ave - "Da Flora" restaurant. Very moderate prices for both food and wine and is way better than any touristy spots. It was even featured on a local foodie show called "Check Please!". I recommend reservatons because it is small. Save room for dessert too. :wink:

You could walk to your show from there assuming your going to Yoshi's.

Cheers!

There is a jewel on Colombus Ave - "Da Flora" restaurant.  Very moderate prices for both food and wine and is way better than any touristy spots.  It was even featured on a local foodie show called "Check Please!".   I recommend reservatons because it is small.  Save room for dessert too. :wink:

You could walk to your show from there assuming your going to Yoshi's.

Huh? :blink:

I live across the street from Yoshi's (corner of Fillmore & Eddy) and have walked to North Beach. It takes about an hour-and-a-half.

Not remotely close to each other.

Edited by Carolyn Tillie (log)

• 2 weeks later...