• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Does invertase have a shelf life limit?

Tri2Cook

I have a bottle that I haven't used in a while, I have no idea exactly when I bought it but I haven't used it in at least a year. Does it go bad/quit working properly and need to be replaced or is this one of those rare "good 'til it's gone" items?

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I have a bottle that I haven't used in a while, I have no idea exactly when I bought it but I haven't used it in at least a year. Does it go bad/quit working properly and need to be replaced or is this one of those rare "good 'til it's gone" items?

Mine has been in the cupboard for several years - still works!

Thanks Kerry. I think I'll mix some into some fondant tonight and see what it looks like over the next day or two just to be safe but that sounds encouraging. I intend to order some anyway but I have something I want to work on early this week so any I order won't be here that quick.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.