• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

slkinsey mentioned in the New York Times

Shalmanese

I just noticed our very own slkinsey was mentioned in an article in the New York Times titled A Brotherhood Formed With Cocktails and Ice

Samuel Kinsey, a Manhattan opera singer and regular habitué of online cocktail forums and bars like the Pegu Club on West Houston Street, traces the roots of his cocktail ardor to “being of Scottish extraction and being raised Episcopalian.” In this regard, as in his reluctance to be cast as a geek (“The word I like to use is ‘cocktailian,’ ” he said), Mr. Kinsey is something of an anomaly in geek circles.

But Mr. Kinsey, the “cocktailian,” struck a sanguine note. “I’ve been out dancing on tables at 5 a.m. and blowing balls of flame in the air,” he said. “You know, it’s booze.”

Congrats!

Edited by Shalmanese (log)

PS: I am a guy.