• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

32 minutes ago, GlorifiedRice said:

I have an electric Victor brand mousetrap. bait it with nut butter then it electrocutes em.

The tray holds 5-6 dead mice.Batteries are still going 4 yrs later.

This is what a friend of mine uses at his upstate NY house.

Around our buildings, there is a ton of construction going on. This drives rats to go to places where there isn't construction currently - so our complex has a bit of a rat problem.  Our 4 buildings occupy 13 acres of land, with a fair amount of open space for NYC, and the rats love our lawns and love all the people who contribute to the rat problem by feeding the squirrels and pigeons. We have the fattest squirrels you have ever seen. Here's one, eating a slice of pizza...

5a08a44c5e333_2017_11_1004011.thumb.JPG.e4f6a226f1c2bfc66b08d54efdd7ab9a.JPG

When the exterminators are dealing with the rat problem, they use giant snap traps - baited with slim jims.  

weinoo

weinoo

23 minutes ago, GlorifiedRice said:

I have an electric Victor brand mousetrap. bait it with nut butter then it electrocutes em.

The tray holds 5-6 dead mice.Batteries are still going 4 yrs later.

This is what a friend of mine uses at his upstate NY house.

Around our buildings, there is a ton of construction going on. This drives rats to go to places where there isn't construction currently - so our complex has a bit of a rat problem.  Our 4 buildings occupy 13 acres of land, with a fair amount of open space for NYC, and the rats love our lawns and love all the people who contribute to the rat

by feeding the squirrels and pigeons. We have the fattest squirrels you have ever seen. Here's one, eating a slice of pizza...

5a08a44c5e333_2017_11_1004011.thumb.JPG.e4f6a226f1c2bfc66b08d54efdd7ab9a.JPG

When the exterminators are dealing with the rat problem, they use giant snap traps - baited with slim jims.