• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot Air Popcorn Popper

Rover

I was all set to make a batch of Jaymes's Caramel Popcorn and my small Toastess machine spat out more unpopped kernels than popped ones. At this rate it'll take me all day to generate just the popcorn.

I think I'm now in the market for a new popper. What's good out there? Does anyone have a favourite?

Thanks

Rover

I know it's not an air popper, but this one seems to have universally good reviews on cooking.com, amazon.com and was a top pick on the popcorn popper testing done on America's Test Kitchen:

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=129205

Edit: This air popper seems to have rave reviews too: http://www.amazon.com/Presto-04820-PopLite...22482726&sr=1-1

Edited by infernooo (log)

I think I'm now in the market for a new popper.  What's good out there?  Does anyone have a favourite?

I bought one a few months ago from Loblaws for around $20 and I love it. Popcorn is something I wish I liked more than I actually do -- I like the making more than the eating. My new machine was used exactly twice for corn and now it's a dedicated coffee bean roaster -- which by the way it does very well. It doesn't have a proper brand name on it, just a stylized letter D and the words "Joint Shine, made in China" on the underside.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack