• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fruit Basket Upset Bread

jgm

About 20 years ago, I took some cooking classes from a chef who was also teaching in a vo-tech food service program. One of the recipes he gave us was for a "fruit basket upset bread". Essentially, it involved making a yeast dough, rolling it out on a half sheet pan, and then putting a fruit cocktail mixture on it. I think the mixture might have had an egg and some oil in it. Then the dough was haphazardly folded over the fruit mixture, and chopped up with a bench scraper. After baking, I think we put a powdered sugar glaze on it.

I had told a friend of mine about this several years ago, and now she's calling and asking for the recipe, which I no longer have. I'm thinking if I could find it again, I might like to tweak it a bit, using fresh or frozen fruits instead of canned fruit cocktail. I'm hoping someone here will have the recipe, or can tell me where to find it.

Thanks!