• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best source for chocolate curls

shaloop

I make a ganache covered triple chocolate cake and I cover the sides with mini-chocolate chips. Several customers carry it. I have a prospective new customer that wants to carry this cake but wants it to look different from everyone else's. They requested chocolate curls. Anyone know a good, inexpensive (keep in mind, this is wholesale) source for ready made small chocolate curls?

They don't show pricing but Qzina is a wholesaler that does sell to the retail customer as well.

http://qzina.com/pdf/LR_2008%20EAST%20US%20Catalog.pdf

Chocolate shavings and curls begin on page 44 of their USA East catalogue. They will give you pricing over the phone.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

I get them from a variety of sources: Mona Lisa, Dobla, Swiss Chalet and Albert Uster. The first two are manufacturers which distributors probably carry, and Albert Uster (auiswiss.com) and Swiss Chalet ship nationwide if you can't find a local distributor.