• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the tea gallery n nyc

jpr54_

i was n nyc today wth my son and his fiancee-

it was extremely hot outsde-

we needed to rest for a few minutes and also to have some tea, etc-

i had heard so many nice things about the tea galley-

we were less than impressed with this tea shop-

the owner was rude and not very friendly-

we wanted some tea-none was oferred to us-we were told that we could have a tea tasting at $24.95 a person-

we left and will not return-

I'm not in New York and am not familiar with this place, but I'm not really understanding your post. From their website it appears to be a tea store, not a tea room. Do they normally serve tea and refused to serve you?

I've been to several places here in Vancouver, and while they usually offer a tea sample, they don't always offer. I don't view it as something that's due me just for walking in the store so I'm not overly upset if I don't get one.

I'm gonna go bake something…

wanna come with?

I'm not in New York and am not familiar with this place, but I'm not really understanding your post. From their website it appears to be a tea store, not a tea room. Do they normally serve tea and refused to serve you?

I've been to several places here in Vancouver, and while they usually offer a tea sample, they don't always offer. I don't view it as something that's due me just for walking in the store so I'm not overly upset if I don't get one.

what should i expect from a traditional chinese tea room?

what should i expect from a traditional chinese tea room?

I post on several websites-

the one website which contained responses to my questions was on

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.food.drink.tea/topics

i thought that responses were interesting and also gave some insight into the tea shop arena