• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Paso options?

ftmsb

Hello all. I'll be in Las Cruces, NM next week, and in the process may try to make it to El Paso for some eating. I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on "special occasion" dinning. I'll have the chile options pretty well covered visiting old haunts in and around Cruces. Anything in other categories that shouldn't be missed or that comes highly recommended? Also interested in Jurez recommendations.

In particular, anyone have any comments on the following, all discovered flipping through google results:

2900 (food blogging editor for the El Paso Times gushes over this place, but I can't really tell if her column is designed to be a cheerleader for local business as opposed to a critique of local food. No website, so I haven't found any menus or have any real idea what they serve).

The Dome (ditto to the above).

Greenery

Cafe Central

Chutney (don't know if this fits the "special occasions" criteria, but there appears to be a new indian restuarant. I'm not real sure where it is though, and how it stacks up.)

Mission de Guadalupe (in Juarez. Writer for the NY Times liked it back in 2006. http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/travel/31Choice.html

Thanks in advance for ay input!