• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Thanks. Exactly the same as the ones I get. I tend to treat them more as a snack than a meal. I see, though, that they are often supplemented just as the soupy noodles are with eggs, vegetables, etc., to make them into a "balanced" meal. 

I guessed but I'm a bit surprised about one thing. Mi goreng is fried noodles; no frying in those instructions. Are they pre-fried and then dried or are they just using a well-known, if sometimes misunderstood 'exotic' name? I'll pick up a pack and try them out some time.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Thanks. Exactly the same as the ones I get. I tend to treat them more as a snack than a meal. I see, though, that they are often supplemented just as the soupy noodles are with eggs, vegetables, etc., to make them into a "balanced" meal. 

I guessed but I'm a bit surprised about one thing. Mi goreng is fried noodles; no frying in those instructions. Are they pre-fried and then dried or are they just using a well-known, if sometimes misunderstood name? I'll pick up a pack and try them out some time.