• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My favorite 20-euro lunch

julot-les-pinceaux

I thought I had to share that again. At BE, bd de Courcelles, you can seat at lunch and be served a huge bowl of generously truffled coquillettes, with dices of a good ham and cheese and cream. The Ducasse truffle oil is brought on the side -- help yourself. This is 13 eur. Then for 4,10 you can have a passion fruit tart that competes with my Jamin memories. So, you know, try. I'm still tasting the well balanced, natural truffle taste in my mouth and I'm not sorry.

It would be nice if you could mention the general part of Paris where these restaurants are located - so those of us who are planning a trip can make a note if and when we will be in those areas. Robyn

It would be nice if you could mention the general part of Paris where these restaurants are located - so those of us who are planning a trip can make a note if and when we will be in those areas.  Robyn

It's in the 8th.

Host's Note. Robyn: You raise an important point about giving coordinates and details that we agreed to a few years ago but are worth repeating: other readers/members are grateful when we put in addresses, telephone numbers, cost of "menus' and meals themselves, etc. I know that we all try to list the coordinates of new places but I suspect that once a place is listed in all the guidebooks, BE is an example, we omit details.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris