• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Camping, open fire cooking lamb? help!

Graphix

Were going to vermont this weekend and will be staying in a primitive cabin. The place we are going sells lamb that they slaughter on the farm, i was hoping to find a recipe with very few ingredients that i could make while were out there. will probably have a small pot or pan, but i was thinking maybe some kind of tinfoil pocket laid in the hot coals, or maybe some kind of lamb kabob. Open to any ideas.

thanks

B

Butterflied leg of lamb is a very popular grill item. A little marinade or glaze. This would be boneless.

I cook lamb this way a lot.....delicious, and the thicker bits stay pink while those philistines who like their meat well-done can eat the thinner bits...I tent a bit of foil over the leg to get a more oven-like effect and a smokier taste...also cooks very quickly compared with oven time for a similar beast...