• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

For those looking to buy GLAZED fruits for fruit cakes, NUTS.COM  now carries an excellent product.  Far superior to the supermarket stuff.

Glazed fruit.

For anyone who needs similar baking ingredients in larger quantities, (5 pound minimum for the fruits & et) there is  Baking Authority.  Their web site is a bit confusing but they do have Live Chat,  which is very helpful if one gets lost.

Their candied fruits are sourced from The Netherlands - I have not seen any from China, (which I absolutely will not use.)

The tutti frutti  is the "fruitcake mix" 

Their WHOLE glacé fruits are sourced from ITALY and they are wonderful!  

A CAVEAT -  Know exactly what you want and stick to it because they carry a lot of very attractive items and one can get a bit carried away.  Which is one reason the whole candied fruit is now "out of stock."

I used to order from another source but L;epicerie is now defunct.

andiesenji

andiesenji

For those looking to buy GLAZED fruits for fruit cakes, NUTS.COM  now carries an excellent product.  Far superior to the supermarket stuff.

Glazed fruit.

For anyone who needs similar baking ingredients in larger quantities, (5 pound minimum for the fruits & et) there is  Baking Authority.  Their web site is a bit confusing but they do have Live Chat,  which is very helpful if one gets lost.

Their candied fruits are sourced from The Netherlands - I have not seen any from China, (which I absolutely will not use.)

Their WHOLE glacé fruits are sourced from ITALY and they are wonderful!  

A CAVEAT -  Know exactly what you want and stick to it because they carry a lot of very attractive items and one can get a bit carried away.  Which is one reason the whole candied fruit is now "out of stock."

andiesenji

andiesenji

andiesenji

andiesenji

For those looking to buy GLAZED fruits for fruit cakes, Nuts.com now carries an excellent product.  Far superior to the supermarket stuff.