• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Toms Kitchen

Guys, i just read some conflicting opinions of the Fish and Chips in this restaurant in the London Times, I would like your expert opinions on not only this restaurant but on your recommendations for the best Fish and Chips in London since I will be arriving in April and would like to go to the best.

Edited by gagit (log)

I know this place has been to an extent panned, or at least damned by faint praise. This is not a personal recommendation but comes from a friend whose views on food I have faith in. Essentially he has been there several times and just ignored the fish and chips and had other stuff, making it a very reasonably priced fish restaurant. Apparently Bouillabaisse is top notch. Anyone else tried this approach?

My girlfriend is a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Marylebone, and one of her chef's went recently and said it was excellent!

That being said, I'll repeat a million times how much I like Golden Hind, which happens to be right across the street from Le Cordon Bleu on Marylebone Lane.

My girlfriend is a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Marylebone, and one of her chef's went recently and said it was excellent!

That being said, I'll repeat a million times how much I like Golden Hind, which happens to be right across the street from Le Cordon Bleu on Marylebone Lane.

thanks sounds like a must for fish and chips