• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Small fish molds: Like in France for Easter

A Patric

Hi all,

I'm looking for little fish molds for making solid bite-sized chocolate fish that are like what is called in France "la friture" for Easter.

I've seen what they have at Tomric, and I'm not sure that any of them are exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone knows exactly what it is that I am wanting, and can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Very Best,

Alan

Alan,

Here is a suitable on at chocolat-chococolat.

Hi Kerry,

Thank you. Actually I came across that very mold at Tomric too, and some of the others on the Chocolat-Chocolat site--I think they are all made by Chocolate World. I like the style of that fish a lot, but I'd rather have something in the neighborhood of 40-50 mm long. You'd think that it would be easy to find something like that in a Belgian mold selection, but so far no luck. I have certainly seen fish of such small size in France. I wonder if they are French-made molds?

Any other thoughts?

I've got one fish mold at home that is shorter I think. Fatter fish though. Remind me on Monday and I'll measure it for you and see how long the fishies are.

This mould, mixed seafish, on jkv website is named friture

and this is another fish assortment

and this another assortment of small size seafish

I just have the larger sardine mould which is very popular and I am currently making as many as I can for a table top sale in a couple of weeks time.

Good luck

Dear Lapin D'Or,

Thank you. One of those just might work!

Best,

Alan

Hello Lapin D'Or and Kerry,

Do either of you know if this Friture mold by JKV is available through any US company? Or, Kerry, have you ever ordered directly from them before, and did the transaction go smoothly?

Best,

Alan

Hello Lapin D'Or and Kerry,

Do either of you know if this Friture mold by JKV is available through any US company?      Or, Kerry, have you ever ordered directly from them before, and did the transaction go smoothly?

Best,

Alan

In the US the distributor is Ian Mackenzie

in Santa Cruz. Phone number is (831) 425 3882

Very nice fellow - very helpful - I'd give him a call. I don't think you can order direct from JVK in the US - I have in Canada.

In the US the distributor is Ian Mackenzie

in Santa Cruz.  Phone number is (831) 425 3882

Very nice fellow - very helpful - I'd give him a call.  I don't think you can order direct from JVK in the US - I have in Canada.

Kerry,

Thank you!

Alan