• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hiring a personal chef in Bangkok

Hello! Can anyone recommend a personal chef / service who can come to a set of serviced apartments and cook meals for a large group (all-together around twenty people) between December 26-30?

I've heard stories of this type of service, but Google has not been helpful. Ideally, the chef will be local (not from a hotel or other farang establishment) and can communicate in English. Since a few of my family are foodies, we would love to accompany him or her to the market to buy the ingredients and then help cook or just watch.

I imagine a really good Thai home cook (and a translator?) would be great for this. If anyone has any local recommendations, please post! Thanks in advance!

Hello! Can anyone recommend a personal chef / service who can come to a set of serviced apartments and cook meals for a large group (all-together around twenty people) between December 26-30?

Hi Chefky,

Sounds like fun. If you don't find a chef to cook at your place in front of you, the guy at link below does special catering of all sorts. His kids might be able to help explain the food and serve it properly but I don't think the old guy speaks English. It's not farang food at all--this is as local Thai as it gets. There is a map on how to find it, Udom Pochana, worth a trip just to eat the food around there--loads of great places to eat in the vicinity.

http://importfood.com/thai_vendors/street_...dompochana.html