• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Schnitzel by any other name...

rlibkind

I love thinly pounded pork breaded with fresh bread crumbs, I think they make it much lighter and delicate than dry. Topped with capers, finely-chopped red onion, and a slice of lemon. I like to drink Troegs Dreamweaver Wheat with it.

I'm going to try doing the chicken thighs like Fat Guy suggested.

Hi Pups224,

Sorry for the delay in reply! I've never measured anything out making this, but the next time I make it I definitely will!

Right now,I I'd guess that for a pound of shrimp, I'd use 1 tsp. grated ginger, 1/4 tsp. turmeric, 1/4 tsp. cayenne, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper, 2 TB mined onion and 1/2 of a small chili minced up. The saltiness, I'd adjust depending on whether your shrimp are briny. I don't season the breadcrumbs, as the shrimp are already highly seasoned.

For the egg issue, it actually uses an egg wash with the whole egg and about a tablespoon of water per egg.

I hope this helps! I promise I'll pay closer attention the next time it's on the menu!

Thank you so much! Will try when I get fresh shrimp.