• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oxford dining - Private room please

The Blanc Brasserie in Oxford used to have a room which could be closed off for private parties. However the website is very generic and I don't know if this is still available.

Of course, if cost isn't an issue, and you are prepared to travel outside Oxford there is always Le Manoir...

Does it have to be in Oxford, or could it be nearby? If you are prepared to travel outside Oxford there are more good restaurants, although I don't know offhand how many of these have private rooms available. Unfortunately most of the private parties we have been to round here have been work Christmas parties, which tend to get rather larger than you want.

Thanks for those tips everyone, Le Manoir would indeed be nice, but we have to be in Oxford itself, I wish we didn't, but we do!

I'm intrigued by the College idea, not something I ever would have thought of.

Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know how I get on.

Jon