• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Rooftop1000

rooftop1000

Here is stuff about our 2nd trip to Knoxville

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89238

Food is probabley about 1/3 of the reason we ride...

our summer schedule reads like this

Barnstormer BBQ Newburgh NY

Tigers Tale Restaurant Skillman NJ

Amazing Hotdog Verona NJ (dinner ride)

Kundlas BBQ Hamlin PA

Linner BBQ ride.....lunch dinner (linner) ha ha actually we went to a steakhouse near West Point

today was supposed to be a Jewish style deli in Cherry Hill but the leaders cancelled for some reason

next week is a to be decided

and after that is the Saugerties NY Garlic Festival

yeah we ride to eat pretty much and it shows on some of the guys

T

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

One of the cooloest things about a log cabin is when you want to hang something...any where... you can :rolleyes:

gallery_23695_426_191942.jpg

like the pot rack my S-I-L gave me a few years ago, I thought it was really stupid because the ceiling in the kitchen is very low. Boy I love that thing now I know where everything is, no bending and digging around anymore for me.

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

My Webpage

Since the week began with a big hunk of meat

gallery_23695_426_467727.jpg

Here are the steaks for tonights dinner

and Dinner

gallery_23695_426_170440.jpg

Nice rare Ribeye served with Corn - Baby Red, Yellow and Blue Potatoes that were boiled in heavily salted water then tossed with melted French butter and Chives and Green beans with more Butter and smashed poached Garlic

speaking of butter you have to meet the butter cow....

T

Maxine

My Webpage

The butter cow...her sisters cow creamer and cow sour creamer elude me yet...but they will be found

gallery_23695_426_167318.jpg

cute isnt she?

Maxine

My Webpage

And since our anniversary is tomorrow I leave you with a picture of us in Paris last December

gallery_23695_426_614846.jpg

anything else, anyone?

I agree with the speculation that I am tossing this baton North.

Tracey

Maxine

My Webpage

tracey

on that ride through sussex county this morning/afternoon did you hit up the farmers market in lafayette village? you should have stopped by and visited me at the library.....

love the house and you are an intrepdid traveler. where is the daughter going to school? william patterson or ramapo?

will keep my eye out at the yard sales next spring for miss cow's missing siblings

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I'm pretty excited for this blog - my Mom used to take me clothes shopping at some adorable place in Ridegwood for dresses; wish I could remember its name.  And I spent some of my formative years in Passaic county!  Blog on!

Gini

that would have been Sealfon's ....2 story brick bulding on Ridgewood Ave

its a furniture store now :hmmm:

Aw, all the good places are gone....I'll have to tell my mother next time I speak to her!

I am late to your blog because I've been moving, but I grew up in your neck of the woods (Oakland and Wyckoff) and my, it's changed in the 25 years since I've lived there! It's been great to see it all again and how many new and great things there are!

Thanks for blogging -

Marcia.

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted...he lived happily ever after. -- Willy Wonka

eGullet foodblog

Nice parting shot there! (Though I would have preferred you on your bike. :wink: )

Thanks for a very comfortable blog. Like the food you serve, it was very simple and very delicious.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

gallery_23695_426_167318.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnnnn ! That Blue Willow pattern was my childhood ! I noticed it earlier with one of your meals plated on it. My Mom used it as the "good" dishes.

I NEVER KNEW there were butter/cream/sour cream cows in the same pattern.

*I want one.....badly*........

Thanks for a really great blog Tracey. I have truly enjoyed it.

(LOVE :wub: that cow !)

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

Thanks for blogging! Its been a fun week.

What does a sourcream cow look like?

I've seen creamcows in abundance. Tho this is the first buttercow I've seen, her structure is obvious. But the third sister's probable shape eludes me!

Thanks again and happy trails!

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

OOps almost didnt get to say good bye. Temping here in an empty building, where if the phone rings I will tell people Fred is not in this week.

Fred himself finally called and gave me a Log-in...guess he meant he would called at 9:30 His local time

So thank you all and dont forget to tip the staff

Tracey

Maxine

My Webpage

Tracey, coming in late to thank you for a great food blog. Keep riding' like a wind. :biggrin:

Edited by Domestic Goddess (log)

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos