• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chinese, Regina

DylanK

No idea. Where can I get good Chinese food in Regina? I mean the Chinese that involves chilis and pork and fermented black beans, not so much dim sum, dinosaur Cantonese, etc.

I've been gone from the city for a couple years, so I really have no idea where to start. The last place I ate was called Beijing Something, near a hotel downtown, and it looks like it has a sushi place neighboring it now (Wasabi), maybe owned by the same people.

Feel free to suggest places outside of Regina, too. I know the best Thai food isn't in Regina or Saskatoon, so the best Chinese could be in Radville or Weyburn, for all I know.

Edited by DylanK (log)

The best Thai food in Saskatoon is at Keo's Kitchen on 33rd. As for Chinese, we have two good places in the Manadrain on 20th and Genesis on 22nd. There is also Yip Hong's on 8th Street beside the Safeway. There is also Scezhwan Kitchen in the Broadway area, it's usually were we go to.

Dan Walker

Chef/Owner

Weczeria Restaurant