• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

kosher/kosher style restaurants and bakeries

jpr54_

Here's a second for Zaide's. I've never been a huge fan of kosher bakeries (and the horrible Royal Bake Shop that Zaide's replaced did nothing to change my mind in that area), but this one struck gold.

Their danishes are the best I ever had, and each one can give you two generous servings. Their dairy offerings are extremely limited (the danishes are dairy) but their parve cakes are quite good for parve, and as tkrongold said, the breads are also very good. They do gangbusters business, so get there early to get the best selection.

Prices on most items are fair for a kosher bakery. Check them out!

As far as delis/restaurants, Petak's is indeed excellent, but about a mile and a half away just over the FL border is the Kosher Nosh in Glen Rock. I prefer them to Petak's but they are a bit more expensive. (And Petak's ain't cheap to begin with.) But both places are outstanding.

There's also a kosher restaurant on River Road in Fair Lawn called Perfect Pita that I have been dying to try. I've heard good things about them. They serve a lot of Middle Eastern style dishes in addition to the pitas.

I don't know too much about the kosher restaurant scene in Teaneck, but I'm sure some other people can chime in here!

Edited by zhelder (log)