• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats for Talledega Weekend?

Genny

Hey ya'll! We're coming down for Talledega this year and will be staying in Birmingham. Can I get some suggestions for where and what to eat while we're in town? Naturally, some meals will be at the track but breakfast and dinner suggestions would be great.

Also, any suggestions for dinner the night we fly in to Atlanta too would be good. A nice steak house perhaps?

There are six of us. Two don't like spicy and for the most part, only my husband and I are particularly adventurous. Really, mostly quality regional fare is what I'm looking for. Life is too short to eat yucky food. :biggrin:

If your in B'ham, anything by Frank Stitt. To think that I met him over 20 years ago I think before he opened Highland. I have cooked a lot from his cookbook. OH, And the Hot and Hot.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!