• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sidecar Bar and Grille

johnder

So the long awaited Sidecar Bar and Grille has opened, sort of. They still are awaiting their liquor license, but have decided to open anyway with just their food menu.

The space is pretty amazing, they did an awesome job converting into a great looking bar. Exposed brick walls, awesome bar.

It is owned by two brothers, Bart and John DeCoursy and opened for service Tuesday night.

I haven't had a chance to try the food menu yet, but it seems like a pretty decent list to start out with, very similar to Blue Ribbon, Oysters, Fried Chicken, Vietnamese pork sandwiches, burgers.

I will report back once I have some food, and hopefully a good sidecar soon.

Sidecar Bar and Grille

560 5th Ave between 15th and 16th

Brooklyn, NY

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

I will report back once I have some food, and hopefully a good sidecar soon.

Sidecar Bar and Grille

560 5th Ave between 15th and 16th

Brooklyn, NY

With that name, I sure hope they make a good one :laugh: ! And if they don't, give 'em a hand.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I stopped by last night and had dinner there and got a chance to see the cocktail menu first hand. I am pretty impressed with what they have on their, although I am not sure they know what they are in for having a Ramos on the menu.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, but the drinks I do remember from the menu are:

Gin Gimlet with house made lime syrup

Ramos Fizz

Sazerac

Sidecar

Pimm's Cup

Old Pal

They will have 6 taps, and from the rails they have setup, are going to have a pretty hefty selection of booze. I was told the ETA for the license is 2-3 weeks (hopefully)

As far as the food, we had a dozen oysters with the house mingonette, their brandade with toast points, the Bahn De pork sandwich, Steak frites, and the Sidecar turkey club.

The food was really well prepared, great fries with the steak frites, and the brandade was a great starter. A big ramekin of piping hot brandade with warm toast points.

I am really happy they are located a half block from my house, and especially happy about the news they will be serving food until 4am.

My only gripe is the price of the steak frites, at $22 I was hoping for a sizable steak, the portion of the steak I got was about 12-14 slices. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and extemely tender, but for the portion size it was priced slightly high.

Given they just opened, I am sure they are still working on the logistics.

Looking forward to trying their Ramos.

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin