• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for source for cool sculptured cakes

One of my girlfriends is looking for a baker/bakery that makes funky cakes, ie. one that looks like high heeled leopard print shoes for her Mom's b-day party. Do you know of anyone?

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

One of my girlfriends is looking for a baker/bakery that makes funky cakes, ie. one that looks like high heeled leopard print shoes for her Mom's b-day party.  Do you know of anyone?

Patrice and Dominique of Sugar Art. They are geniuses.

http://www.sugarart.ca/

They are located in Steveston.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

There's a new artisan cake place on Cambie called "Kreation." (604) 871-9119

www.kreationartisancake.com

OMG! Thank you for that! I love that watermelon candy dish cookie! :wub:

I'll be beating a path to their door asap - where on Cambie? Do they have a storefront? The mailing address is off Kingsway.

Thanks.

OMG! Thank you for that! I love that watermelon candy dish cookie! :wub:

I'll be beating a path to their door asap - where on Cambie? Do they have a storefront? The mailing address is off Kingsway.

Thanks.

3357 Cambie, just south of the former Tomato.

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

WOW!!!! My daughters thought we could make all the cakes on their site. :rolleyes:

My friend has found a place just across the border but thanks for your suggestions.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden