• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EAT Vancouver Trade Show

The annual EAT Vancouver trade show is on this weekend (May 25-27,2007) - who's going? What are you looking for? Who do you want to see on stage? Or, if you already went, what was cool?

Brian

Brian Misko

House of Q - Competition BBQ

www.houseofq.com

The annual EAT Vancouver trade show is on this weekend (May 25-27,2007) - who's going?  What are you looking for?  Who do you want to see on stage?  Or, if you already went, what was cool?

Brian

I'm planning on going with some other foodie friends (so long as I'm not sailing in a race that weekend).

I'm hoping to get their a bit earlier so I can access some of the foods which were "sold out" last time. Good BBQ and stews are my plan this year around as I missed both items last year (Cassis mmm).

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

I'm thinking of spending most of my morning/afternoon on Saturday there. Still not sure if I'll go on Friday. It'll be my first time at EAT! so I don't really know what to expect, have a feeling I'll be overwhelmed.

We probably won't end up going this year, which is really too bad. Tickets are pricey ($12 each I think) which is way too much to spend for a couple samples of Cozey Shack Rice Pudding (honestly, the only decent hand-out). They really lost me when one of the big displays was from Safeway!

I say it's "too bad" because they do hold a really good BBQ competition, and unless things have changed, you can't visit the BBQ section without paying for the whole show. Sorry Brian, but nobody's brisket is worth $12 for a small sample. Although last year Shewchuck gave me a beer ...

A.

I think you can visit the BBQ folks outside without heading inside. Not too sure that they check badges before the BBQ folks. Brian? The BBQ was set up almost by the exit (and I think after security, no?).

Cheers!