• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Summer Sippers

Rebel Rose

I had a chance to try a delightful, small production sauvignon blanc this weekend . . . 2006 Dry Stack Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Rosemary's Block, made by Russell Bevan. It was delightfully crisp and very citrusy, but with some deeper notes of orange rind and apricot.

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Just tried the Allan Scott Marlborough SB from New Zealand. Wow! pungent, zippy, and loaded with ripe tropical fruit rather than capsicum notes. $20 in Canada.

Stephen Bonner

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

I had a chance to try a delightful, small production sauvignon blanc this weekend . . . 2006 Dry Stack Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Rosemary's Block, made by Russell Bevan.  It was delightfully crisp and very citrusy, but with some deeper notes of orange rind and apricot.

I recently had some 2006 Rochioli Sauv Blanc. Yummm!!! :biggrin:

Nice citrus lemon and lime zest, good crisp acidity and a nice chalky Bordeaux Blanc style minerality.

It was very refreshing on a hot afternoon last week.

David