• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Private Chef

Shea

Culinary Degree? Experience, Salary, State, How long have you been doing it? Brkfst, Lunch Dinner?

Type of food clients wants. How many do you cook for? Hours? Duties? Parties? Pantry? etc. Perks

ME: Yes Culinary Degree...6 years, all in private cheffing ..Ft Worth.. 45K...Brkfst and Dinner.... Healthy low carbs, low fat...Couple (husband and wife) yes,parties but not many, pantry and wine cellar. No other housework. Weekends off..Medical insurance no other perks

Shea~

If you haven't read timh's fascinating account

WORLD OF A PRIVATE CHEF

you might find it intriguing. We all certainly did!

Kathy

Thanks for the tip! I don't know how I missed this thread originally?

Maybe I was out of the Country with my private jet with my staff (chef incl) in South America or something? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SB (would hire a private chef on the basis of their storytelling rather than their cooking :wink: )