• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In Your Town....

mollybloom1109

Hi all,

After a couple of years of moving around (after being in Anchorage for 16 yrs) , I have finally settled down in Nashville. I spent almost 1 yr in New Orleans, taking a year off, just eating and writing :cool: but I digress....In the town you now call your hometown, what is the best restaurant experience...the whole picture, if you know what I mean. It dosen't have to be all fois gras and white linen....some places a diner or a great BBQ place can be the one place that has it all.

I haven't been in Nashville long enough to really comment but as for New Orleans, I would say Liuzza's by the Track was about as good as it got, and if there is a better oyster Po boy on planet earth, I have not found it. In Anchorage, it would be Jen's, Sahir my waiter was always perfect, the calamari piccata dreamy and the rack of cervena deer near heaven!

Being back in the lower 48, I do plan on traveling about a bit....what is out there that is not to be missed and why?

Thanks!

Mol