• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What is the name of this rotisserie unit?

thdad

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the rotisserie in question, but hopefully I will be able to describe it in sufficient detail for somebody to recognize it.

I saw this rotisserie in the display kitchen at the Park Hyatt Tokyo's New York Grill. The front is exposed and the frame is blue with gold framing. The interior is concave and the holders for the spit are located outside, so it looks somewhat like a traditional fireplace spit cooking setup. I would guess that it is made in France or some European manufacturer based on its traditional looking appearance.

Something like this?

ETA: Or maybe something like this?

Edited by Joe Blowe (log)

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Sounds like Molteni, or possibly Bonnet. The ones I've seen have been finished in stainless, but I believe both companies produce blue, red and other colored units too.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Wow. Just perfect for my Fantasy Kitchen.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure for their price range?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I agree with FG-Sounds like a Moltini. Possibly this unit.

If I recall correctly, the Bonnets I've seen are framed in silver. However, at the prices they charge, I'm sure you could get it framed in any finish that you want.

Something like this?

ETA:  Or maybe something like this?

Joe Blow, the rotisserie looked exactly like the unit from La Cornue.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what are the white tassel-like things sticking out in rows in all of these rotisseries?

thdad: You're looking at the heating elements at the back of the unit.

toliver: That La Cornue unit starts at 7 or 8 grand, so get crackin' :laugh: -- would actually like to see one installed in a residential kitchen, instead of just pictured in brochures!

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.