• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Wine Under $20

Rebel Rose

We have a thread called Eminently Drinkable Plonk, $10 or Less, which is a valuable resource for the house/table wine bargain hunter!

But today, I would like to introduce you to a fine wine blog called Good Wine Under $20.

Today's post is about the new WineQ wine club. The cross-country shipping charges alone are an incentive to join the club, and the prices are very reasonable. The club also features new wineries that have not yet been rated by critics, so there may be some futuristic gems in the selections. Or not. But for the price . . .

What are your "secret selections" for good wine under $20?

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Nothing secret about them, but for the under $20 bottle the best bets are zinfandels. I like Seghesio Zinfandel Sonoma County and Rosenblum Zinfandel Paso Robles Richard Sauret Vineyard.

My other go to wines for that price are the Thorn-Clarke Shiraz Barossa Shotfire Ridge. Peter Lehmann Clancy's Barossa, and for a white, the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough

Edited by dinwiddie (log)