• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Three cheeses only and a loaf of bread

Steve-

Welcome to e-gullet, and thank you for taking the time to chat with us. So, you are going to live the rest of your life on an island, you can only have three cheeses and a loaf of bread. Which cheeses would those be?

I'll make sure to check them out next time I find them.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

These three cheeses would be my choice: burrata, Parmigiano Reggiano, middle-aged chevre fermier (like Le Chevrot), Afeuga'l Pitu from Asturias, St.-Marcellin, Camembert VCN, Brie de Meaux fermier, Gavoi from Sardinia, ricotta from Sicily, Reblochon Fermier, Perail Fermier, Gorgonzola Dolce, Taleggio di Monti, Robiola Bosina, Roccaverano, Munster d'Alsace, Beaufort, Roncal, Zamorano, Taorta del Casar, Queso de la Serena, Fiance des Pyrenees, Pechegos, Rolf Bieler's cheeses, Venaco and Golo from Corsica, Ragusano from Sicily, mozzarella di bufala.