• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dubois et Fils Cheese Shop

Hi all,

I'm doing a little research on cheese shops in Paris (see compendium here, by the way) and I'm a bit confused when it comes to the Dubois name.

Older references talk about an Alain Dubois with cheese shops at 80 rue de Tocqueville and 79 rue de Courcelles. But the 2007 Guide des Gourmands awards a Coq d'Or to Martine Dubois (Alain's wife? daughter?), mentions the Tocqueville location only, and praises her "for her courage" in addition to her talent.

Does anyone know what happened to/with Alain? I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way -- I'm not hoping for a crunchy bit of gossip, I would just like to understand who owns and operates the cheese shop now!

(FYI, and from what I understand, Laurent Dubois, who's a Meilleur Ouvrier de France and has his cheese shop in the 15th at 2 rue de Lourmel, is Martine's nephew.)

Thanks for any info you can share!

Clotilde.