• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolates Mireille Guiliano recommends...

Aria

Recchiuti chocolate is really, really great. The salted caramel is amazing! I'm fortunate that he's local to us. I've taken a class from him as well and it was quite good. His book, Chocolate Obession, is very nice.

There's one upside to the Noka fraud. It's a great barometer for revealing how media conscious (or media unaware) and/or discriminating (or undiscriminating) a person is.

All someone pretentious has do is say, "isn't Noka wonderful" and all of the rest of us can point and say "ha ha, look at the ill informed, taste impaired idiot!"

I get the feeling the Noka myth will survive for quite some time. Which is great, because we always need people to laugh at.