• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

new anthony's

Having checked out the Victoria Quarter today in hurry, looking for the Anthony's signage, to no avail. I checked the website to find they have opened.

So I presume as with Flannels they are having a soft opening, ie operating without the Anthony's marketing & signage to ensure any creases are ironed out. Although I was told by the Victoria Quater Management that they do not open till Tuesday 7th November.

Anthony's Patisserie

Nigel

And passed today and they were indeed open. Had a chat to Olga, apparently main Anthony's will now only be open for lunch on Fridays and Saturdays, so Anthony Jr will be bouncing around between the three venues. Holly is now running the new place, but Anthony's at Flannels stays open six days (not Monday).

Asked when they intended to sleep, she just laughed.

It no longer exists, but it was lovely.