• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help for this weekend!

LEdlund

I guess we can't convince you to do dim sum in Richmond, eh?  :wink:  In that case, I'd go for Kirin on Cambie or Red Star on Granville and W. 67th Ave.  Red Star doesn't get much mention on our forum, but I think the quality and variety of dim sum are quite good.  Make sure you get the roast duck and/or soya-sauce chicken.

Since we're in town for less than 24 hours and have quite the list of places to go (shopping-wise in addition to food-wise) we decided to stick to Vancouver. Next time it will be Richmond for sure!

So is Red Star have cart or menu service?

Red Star has menu service, and while a convenient choice for me location-wise, Kirin is actually much better for quality. (Nothing wrong with Red Star, but Kirin is IMO one of the best if not the best for dim sum in town.)

I'm curious to hear about Nu. After Jay's departure, who is handling the bar? How will it stack up? Inquiring minds...

Red Star has menu service, and while a convenient choice for me location-wise, Kirin is actually much better for quality.  (Nothing wrong with Red Star, but Kirin is IMO one of the best if not the best for dim sum in town.)

I'm curious to hear about Nu.  After Jay's departure, who is handling the bar?  How will it stack up?  Inquiring minds...

I think we've settled on Kirin for dim sum. I'm very excited for that.

Tell me more about Nu. Who's Jay and where did he go? Should we be going there instead?

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

Yes, thanks for the suggestions!

We had a fantastic, leisurely lunch at Mistral on Saturday. Everything was so good! The favorites at the table were the extra buttery squash soup, the pate's and the desserts.

George was the perfect place for us to go for cocktails. They have an extensive cocktail menu which includes classics as well as "new" cocktails. Our waitress was the best. She even called Feenie's to move our reservation when we ran up against it! We didnt' make it to Nu after dinner, so we'll have to go there on the next trip.

Thanks!

Practice Random Acts of Toasting