• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to cut praline without a guitar cutter?

BakingBee

I don't have a guitar either. I use either a large knife,  10" chef's knife or a pizza cutter (rocker type). You have to clean every 2 or 3 cuts.

I usually work my way through all my knives to see which one is working best for a particular product. I have a very large scimtar knife that I find works particularly well with carmamel and some centres.

gallery_7258_2197_39935.jpg

Not the best picture of the knife as only part of it shows.

Thx for the reply from you guys. I think I will first to invest a good knife. Homemade one is very difficult for a person like me who know nothing about hardware stuff. :P

mrose, what does a 'rocker' pizza cutter look like. I would appreciate if you can show me a pic. Thx!

Thx for the reply from you guys.  I think I will first to invest a good knife.  Homemade one is very difficult for a person like me who know nothing about hardware stuff. :P

mrose, what does a 'rocker' pizza cutter look like.  I would appreciate if you can show me a pic.  Thx!

I think this is what mrose is referring to:

Rocker Pizza Cutter

I have one also and it's great for cutting caramel, marshmallows, sucre a la creme etc...

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse