• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Hoboken Restaurant.... Les Bisous

thereuare

Haven't been to this place yet, but just read that it's the sister restaurant of Radicchio in Ridgewood. Since i know a couple of board members dine in Ridgewood often, i thought i'd ask for an opinion of their sister restaurant.

Their Hoboken ad mentions: Fois Gras, Compressed Terrine, Crudo, Ceviche, Tartars, Steak ou poivres, Veal Chops, Venisson Chips, Tuna, Risotto Rock Shrimp and some others. Not really my type of food, but i know others here enjoy these type of selections.

If anybody tries it before me, please let me know how it is.

Les Bisous

333 Washington St

Hoboken, NJ

201-795-1104

They opened 2 weeks ago, at least that was the first time i noticed their OPEN sign.

I was reminded of it today when i saw their advertisement in the local newspaper, which is also how i learned of the affiliation with the Ridgewood restaurant.

Formerly at this location there was a restaurant called Trap's Backdoor (formerly Trapani's), which were mostly a pizza/italian type of places; but the location has been vacant for maybe 3 or 4 years since there was a fire on the premises (at least that's how i remember it).

• 8 months later...

just saw this. any additional word on this place?

i remember traps. they used to have very good pizza, and great blues/rock bands in the front years back. it was all going very well. then they turned into some sort of multi-level club type of thing, and the place went to hell in a handbasket. it really was one of the best spots in hoboken through the 80's and into the early 90's. oh well.

A friend of mine ate there about 2 months ago, he said it was very good, but also very expensive by Hoboken standards (entrees $22-$28). Unfortunately, i don't know his culinary exptertise or his taste in restaurants, so i can't vouch for his review.

I'll try to ask around and follow up again.

• 3 months later...

Great place and food. Let the owner tell you how the meals are created. He loves his job. He will also love to tell you about his special, home-made Martini concoctions. It's like art in a glass. Amazing. The chocolate mousse sells out quickly, so ask for it first. Highly recommended.

Great place and food.  Let the owner tell you how the meals are created.  He loves his job.  He will also love to tell you about his special, home-made Martini concoctions.  It's like art in a glass.  Amazing.  The chocolate mousse sells out quickly, so ask for it first. Highly recommended.

do they have specials? and if so, do they print them out, unlike their incredibly-annoying-and-mediocre-sister restaurant Radicchio?

i stopped in for lunch yesterday. it was so hot in the place that i left. granted, it was only about 12.30 and they had probably just opened, but it was simply unacceptable.

Edited by tommy (log)

Once again, I made it to Les Bisous and had a great time last Friday after Blackout 2003. Just for drinks this time. Sat at the bar and kept them coming. Special martini this time was the mango. Awesome. Also try the very citrus blue cosmopolitan. And I think the owner Jeff might be right when he says he makes the best mojito around. It was tasty. All the while I'm listening to great European downtempo music. I forgot to ask for dessert! Guess I will have to go back. Jeff says stay tuned for a new website coming soon.