• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone BEen to Mamma D's?

Rich Pawlak

We've scheduled our next DDC Dinner there on Aug 15 and, as I am not the host, I'm curious if anyone's been. Two reports have told me great things, just hoping for additional thoughts....

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

We've scheduled our next DDC Dinner there on Aug 15 and, as I am not the host, I'm curious if anyone's been.  Two reports have told me great things, just hoping for additional thoughts....

RicH: The menu looks great - and it's too far for me to attend, but, like you I was looking for reviews. Interestingly, if you do a google search, the first full page is links to Restaurant.com and Ebay Gift certs ;-(

I too could not find any reviews.

Steve

Rich, even though this is literally right in the backyard of where I work, I have never been there nor heard anything from anyone who has, sorry! The DDC menu looks great though.

Well I hope that means that you'll be attending! The menu does look great and I've been assured that it will be quite the showy feast. And the chance to sample wines right from the winery there will be awesome.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

Yes, Judy and I will be attending for sure. If I am thinking of the right place, I believe this restaurant used to be called Luigi's and is right on Rte 611 next to a car dealership (Holmans?) and a stone's throw from the quarry across the road (har har). It will be good to mangia bene, bibita bene, e vedere buono amici! Ciao mio paisan Italiano! :biggrin:

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

Yes, Judy and I will be attending for sure. If I am thinking of the right place, I believe this restaurant used to be called Luigi's and is right on Rte 611 next to a car dealership (Holmans?) and a stone's throw from the quarry across the road (har har). It will be good to mangia bene, bibita bene, e vedere buono amici! Ciao mio paisan Italiano!  :biggrin:

This place is north of Luigi's and Holman's. North of Doylestown. It's an Italian restaurant on the grounds of the Fratelli Desiato winery.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

So you are correct my good friend. I'm not sure why, working at the elementary school a few miles down the road on Easton Rd., (which you will pass on your way there) I have been unaware of this winery and restaurant? Now I am looking forward to the dinner even more (and won't show up at the wrong place!!!). Grazie mio amico! :biggrin:

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."