• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hibiscus moving?

• 2 weeks later...

A little late, but we had an excellent meal here again last weekend. It looks like they do have a buyer although they couldn't divulge who it was. So it looks like Hibiscus in Ludlow will close near Easter 2007. No news yet on a new venue in London- but they hope to be up an running towards the middle of the summer.

• 6 months later...

Hibiscus will open at 29 Maddox Street in Mayfair mid-September according to the Caterer click. Its directly behind Sketch in the ground floor of what looks like a block of offices. They will also be close neighbours of Anthony Demetre at Wild Honey.

Gourmet restaurant crawl ahoy - may I suggest a long lunch at WH followed afternoon tea in the Parlour at Sketch, blow out dinner at Hibiscus and nightcap back at Sketch. Perfect.

Sorry to hear that the opening has been put back slightly - but at least that that gives them a little more breathing space. I am not familar with the location- but have seen the plans for the site, which look great.

Especially the 16 seat private dining room, in regard of a certain big birthday in a couple of years time - he writes- VERY unsubtly- as his missus is looking over his shoulder..........

I go past the site quite a lot - doesn't even look like work has started there, it is still boarded up and I have never seen any work men or vehicles around there. They have a lot of work ahead of them!

If a man makes a statement and a woman is not around to witness it, is he still wrong?

• 1 month later...

From what I've heard there is no publicised number and reservations are not being taken just yet, they haven't got a firm opening date (though a few lucky people who were/are friends of the restaurant may get priority). I'm not sure that work has even started on the site.

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

• 1 month later...
Has anyone got the phone number for reservations at the new Hibsiscus yet as

Ok chaps- despite not having a hope in hell of getting there myself for a while, I am being nice today, so I can confirm that Hibiscus will re-open on the 24th October at Maddox Street in Mayfair.

For various logistical reasons, bookings will be diverted to Claire, and for the next two weeks and to help her manage other issues; only being taken between 9am and 11am. That is unless she is able to fend calls at other times. This is only temporary whilst they set up their base in the south, after which they bookings will be as from 9.30am.

But what they hell have you got to complain about? You are getting their number early anyway. :smile:

Enjoy you lucky gits: 0207 629 2999

Edited by Bapi (log)

• 5 weeks later...
I'm sure you don't want to hear that it was brilliant!  :smile:

You bloody tease- more details please Scott and you to please Andy, after Monday.

I am utterly gutted I can't make for lunch with Tubby Friar and the Pink shirted power dresser Marshall next week. :sad:

I poked my head in the door this lunchtime just to have a nose at the dining room which looks very splendid indeed I have to say. I spotted the Bacchus restaurant mob checking the place out and Claire Bosi told me that a number of critics and catering trade types have been in or are booked already. I just hope that Messers Marshall and Friar leave some sausage rolls for the rest of us.

when I was there. in a small dining room was

jill dupleix & durack

fay masch & Shaun Hill

Mark Palmer

which on that one night, was more press coverage than they received in the last 7 years in Ludlow.

will write something about meall; suffice. Savoury Foie Ice Cream; Lamb Sweetbreads w/ Oyster; suckling pig; vanilla souffle well worth attention.

technically superior food with high concept combinations.

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?