• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Big star chef changes in Paris - July 2006

fresh_a

What do you all think of the rumours that Legendre is going to the Tour d'Argent and Piege to Le Cinq? That's what the Figaroscope is saying, but I seem to remember their proclamation that Del Burgo was going to Jamin , just before it turned into an "island cuisine" restaurant....

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Are they going to sell La Tour D'Argent to Legendre? That's about the only way that I could see him really going there from Le Cinq. The latter restaurant has got to have the best kitchen in the city; the perfect match of place and chef.

Then again, Legendre is a star getter... and Piege would be worthy...

Well, I have a little bit of an insider connection to Legendre, I know him well, and haven't heard these rumours from anyone in his kitchen, which is strange, but he does have a hell of a lot of pressure... and Terrail dined often enough at Le Cinq..even up until 2 weeks of his demise

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

What do you all think of the rumours that Legendre is going to the Tour d'Argent and Piege to Le Cinq? That's what the Figaroscope is saying, but I seem to remember their proclamation that Del Burgo was going to Jamin , just before it turned into an "island cuisine" restaurant....

No idea Fresh, but I saw the same report(s) and am awaiting the first big article in Figaro/Figaroscope after le rentree.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

What do you all think of the rumours that Legendre is going to the Tour d'Argent

Wednesday’s freebie Metro announced that Stephane Haissant, ex-Senderens and ex-Guerard would be taking over at La Tour d’Argent seconded by Frederic Calmels and M’Baye Sakho.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Another f-scope rumormill jobby, then...

blog

I have first hand information that Legendre is solid to stay at Le Cinq. He is going nowhere. Their chief sommelier, Enrico Bernardo, is leaving today however.

Any reports that Legendre is leaving Le V are quite false.

Concerning Piege, my info is that he is still at Les Ambassadeurs. I have an excellent connection with Legendre, and as said before, have heard no rumors from Le Cinq kitchen... Everyone knows now that Enrico is going to open a restaurant in Cassis based on a wine/food pairing cuisine. Opening next year at a great little property, and supported by a two-star Michelin chef...Dutchmuse, you must be pals with a certain Dutch sommelier, no??

Edited by fresh_a (log)

blog

Yes.

blog

Concerning Piege, my info is that he is still at Les Ambassadeurs. I have an excellent connection with Legendre, and as said before, have heard no rumors from Le Cinq kitchen... Everyone knows now that Enrico is going to open a restaurant in Cassis based on a wine/food pairing cuisine. Opening next year at a great little property, and supported by a two-star Michelin chef...Dutchmuse, you must be pals with a certain Dutch sommelier, no??

LOL, actually just friends with a dutch oenophile. Maybe you have a different sommelier in mind? Feel free to PM me.