• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Camdeborde snack takeout

fresh_a

The Figaroscope reported today that Yves Camdeborde has just opened a new takeaway spot at 3 Carréfour de l'Odeon, next to his hotel and restaurant Le Comptoir. On sale will be cakes, Belgium waffles, crepes, a daily dish and soup, and sandwiches with breads from Ladurée, Lenotre, Julien and the Boulangerie Monge). There will be products from Camdeborde's butcher brother. Sandwiches include: saussisons, beure , cornichon, and marinated Chinese chicken and tandori chicken. Anyone been?

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

The Figaroscope reported today that Yves Camdeborde has just opened a new takeaway spot at 3 Carréfour de l'Odeon, next to his hotel and restaurant Le Comptoir. On sale will be cakes,  Belgium waffles, crepes, a daily dish and soup, and sandwiches with breads from Ladurée, Lenotre, Julien and the Boulangerie Monge). There will be products from Camdeborde's butcher brother. Sandwiches include: saussisons, beure , cornichon, and marinated Chinese chicken and tandori chicken. Anyone been?

No but if I'm not mistaken that space was a crepes/etc nook in the past.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Twas indeed.

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

I walked by last Wednesday on my way to dinner and Yves Camdeborde was there greeting people. I went back this weekend and had a very good sandwich--baguette with Serrano ham, parmesan cheese, Bordier butter, and romaine lettuce hearts. Unfortunately they were out of the two out of the four special sandwiches of the day.

I was sort of hoping for something like the "cuisine de rue" that they served during the last Fooding event at the village St. Paul, where they served dishes like a hot dog of boudin blanc with apple ketchup and a delicious grilled lamb gyro with red pepper puree.

They did have hotdogs, but they didn’t look all that good.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

They did have hotdogs, but they didn’t look all that good.

Exactly what I thought when I passed by to take a look about the same time. In fact, it looked like a foodie tourist trap to be honest. There was hardly anyone there around eating at noon on another occasion. Oh well. Patience may be required.

Edited by getxo (log)

It probably is a foodie tourist trap.

blog