• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Irish Pub

Deldino

I read the below article in The Record about a new Irish Pub opening in Pompton Lakes this June. Has anyone heard anything more about it - The authentic thatch roof they are putting up seems interesting.

* I hope this link works * If not the article is titled "Weaving a tradition" in today's online version of the record at bergen.com

http://bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3Zj...jd2cWVlRUV5eTM=

I happen to bank across the street....thought it was going to be some dumb Island theme place till this morning :wink:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I happen to bank across the street....thought it was going to be some dumb Island theme place till this morning :wink:

tracey

From the pic in the paper - It looks like a tiki bar before they actually weave it into place - I could see how you would think that -

• 2 months later...

Anyone try it yet??? I have to go next Saurday night with my parents for their combined birthdays...

Oh yeah its called Thatcher McGees I think

tracey

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

My Webpage

So thats what my mother must have been reading when she sent me on a web quest for a "real Irish Pub" with live music and live Irish, or something like that.

We went here tonight, it is freeking loud, and packed, with a 1 hour wait for a table. They did have Harp on tap so Mum was happy not Harpy. We were finally seated in what they called the cottage...it looked like a cottage go figure. There was a four top and 2 twos.

We ordered the "bar platter" to get our required daily fryer oil, it was cheese covered potato wedges, chciken strips and wings, mozz sticks all piled of FFs with blues cheese, sour cream, honey mustard and extra wing sauce.

We were informed they were out of Shepards pie and we ordered.

Mom onion soup and cheese steak, Dad bangers and mash with beans, Hubby onion soup and fish n chips and I got the chicken potpie.

Really nice coating on the fish, didnt have that wet separation between fish and crust, potpie was mild, not bland...huge oval of perfectly baked puff on top. The cheese steak mostly got looked at since mom could barely finish her soup, and having never had an Irish sausage before I cant comment on its authenticity or quality but again mildly spiced.

Service was fine but I dont really see going back there, we in West Milford have our own dive bar with good food right up the hill.

tracey

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

Maxine

My Webpage