• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hope I'm not too late. Hey guys how are you both? I am curious if you can point to any particluar technique that is going to take the U.S. by storm. I'm talking about something like foaming. While you guys were on the cutting edge of American restaurants that integrated foam into a number of dishes, it hasn't exactly caught on in Mid-America yet. But do you think that trend eventually will? Or do you see another trend in cooking technique that is going to be an important part of the American dining scene in the future (that means beyond NYC?)

Hi Steve,

"New techniques" depends on how you define them, but I suppose the short answer to your question is that I don't see anything on the culinary horizon. It seems to me that cuisine has evolved to the point that any "new technique" will be one that's been done before but never hit mainstream or was captured by the food media, or by egulllet.

I'd look to Spain for possibilities. There's a tremendous amount of creative cuisine happening in that country.