• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

I have had success in grilling rabbit, but yes, it can dry out in a flash.  I guess I've been lucky as I don't use a thermometer on it as I find it's too bony to get a good 'read', but maybe that's just me.  I brine my rabbit for about 4 hours. 

I have also substituted rabbit in ersatz coq au vin, though I cut the marinade time down from overnight to a few hours since the pieces are so much smaller and less meaty than chicken.  

gulfporter

gulfporter

I have had success in grilling rabbit, but yes, it can dry out in a flash.  I guess I've been lucky as I don't use a thermometer on it as I find it's too bony to get a good 'read', but maybe that's just me.  I brine my rabbit. 

I have also substituted rabbit in ersatz coq au vin, though I cut the marinade time down from overnight to a few hours since the pieces are so much smaller and less meaty than chicken.  

gulfporter

gulfporter

I have had success in grilling rabbit, but yes, it can dry out in a flash.  I guess I've been lucky as I don't use a thermometer on it as I find it's too bony to get a good 'read', but maybe that's just me.  I brine my rabbit overnight. 

gulfporter

gulfporter

I have had success in grilling rabbit, but yes, it can dry out in a flash.  I guess I've been lucky as I don't use a thermometer on it as I find it's too bony to get a good 'read', but maybe that's just me.