• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

add photo

2 hours ago, gfweb said:

Never made it myself, but over the years I've had nothing but overcooked rabbit (except once at The Fountain in Philly).  With the thin bits of meat is seems like it would cook quickly. Whats the best way to cook it?

As everyone has said, 1 bunny isn't enough, but break it down. On that size rabbit, the two loins could make an interesting app (think seasoned and quick seared, sliced and on a toasted brioche with nut pestolikestuff) and the two hind quarters could go well in a stew-like dish shredded. As to gfweb's question. I have tried every technique, but for sure-fire moist success, I break the rabbit down, season it, then cover it in oil (I use rice bran), and then cook at 225ºF for 6 hours. I do this every day of my life and practically every single night I have customers tell me that they haven't had rabbit that moist and tender ever.

Rabbit7292.jpg

gfron1

gfron1

2 hours ago, gfweb said:

Never made it myself, but over the years I've had nothing but overcooked rabbit (except once at The Fountain in Philly).  With the thin bits of meat is seems like it would cook quickly. Whats the best way to cook it?

As everyone has said, 1 bunny isn't enough, but break it down. On that size rabbit, the two loins could make an interesting app (think seasoned and quick seared, sliced and on a toasted brioche with nut pestolikestuff) and the two hind quarters could go well in a stew-like dish shredded. As to gfweb's question. I have tried every technique, but for sure-fire moist success, I break the rabbit down, season it, then cover it in oil (I use rice bran), and then cook at 225ºF for 6 hours. I do this every day of my life and practically every single night I have customers tell me that they haven't had rabbit that moist and tender ever.