• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate boxes

Absolutely stunning!The boxes I know , because I fell in love with those while I was browsing their web site.The chocolate just gourgeus and a great flavor combo.

Thank you for posting even with all the work you had to do.

Vanessa

Trish,

The lime is a Norman Love recipe I got as a result of swapping books with a fellow eGulleteer. (I traded him a copy of my World Pastry Forum book for a copy of his book from another event he had attended. A practice that can yield you some pretty awesome recipes, assuming you've got something to trade!)

It's pretty straightforward. You make a creme anglaise base (including butter), then add your lime zest and lime juice before pouring over your chopped chocolate. I really like it as it makes for a very soft (and very rich) ganache, which seems to work nicely with the lime. Flavors like lime can feel pretty cloying and dense, so this method really helps to balance them out. It tames the lime (without subduing it) by giving it a component of rich mouth feel. I've been meaning to try the same approach with other flavors like this, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

alanamoana...I'm not bricks and mortar yet...my business plan is in the works, so will be within the year, or at least I hope within the year. I'm trying to find a location, and that is a huge part of it. I'm not opening until I have exactly the location I want, and so far (I've been looking for over six months), nothing has opened up.

Yes Good Luck , even though here there is nothing to do with luck , your products are gourgeus and you deserve to get your own business.Thats what they call the american dream right? :biggrin: ,its still there I can taste it myself .

Vanessa