• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good BYO open on a monday?

shacke

Was planning for some time to go out to Fayette St Grill tomorrow and found out they are not open mondays. I am hoping to salvage the dinner date on the main line somewhere, center city if I have to. 3 people.

Called Sola - closed Monday. Pif/Django - same.

Anything worthy on the mainline preferably or CC open mondays? I didn't think that would be so hard. I was hoping to be able to take a cab home from wherever we go and that's why CC is not as good an option.

Must be BYOB.

Thanks. In the meantime I will do some digging too....

Evan

Dough can sense fear.

Was planning for some time to go out to Fayette St Grill tomorrow and found out they are not open mondays.  I am hoping to salvage the dinner date on the main line somewhere, center city if I have to.  3 people.

Called Sola - closed Monday.  Pif/Django - same.

Anything worthy on the mainline preferably or CC open mondays?  I didn't think that would be so hard.  I was hoping to be able to take a cab home from wherever we go and that's why CC is not as good an option.

Must be BYOB.

Thanks.  In the meantime I will do some digging too....

Evan

You could try Sang Kee Asian Bistro in Wynnewood. Most of the other places I could think of are not open on Monday. Blue Fin in Plymouth Meeting is open. I usually dont eat sushi on a Monday, but they do serve excellent quality fish. Chabaa Thai Bistro in Manayunk is open and I really like their food, service and decor. Their Pad Thai is not the usual and it is delicious. An Indian Affair in Manayunk is also terrific and open. Not inexpensive Indian food, but well worth it.

Radicchio is open! And they are GOOD. Not on the main line, though, sorry...

Thanks everyone. I will try and grab a table at Matyson and if that fails, I will perhaps try Sovalo as well upon confirmation. Radicchio is great but no reservations makes it tough.

Evan

Dough can sense fear.

Evan, overall Maya Bella sounds like the best choice for you.

I'd look into Lourdas and Citron as well.

byobguide.com suggests Spezia and Bella Luna as well, although it also suggests the Point, which I'm wary of, because I recall the Point being a coffeeshop type scene with indie musicians, although I can't say I know what's replaced it, although I vaguely recall hearing that something did.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

byobguide.com suggests Spezia and Bella Luna as well, although it also suggests the Point, which I'm wary of, because I recall the Point being a coffeeshop type scene with indie musicians, although I can't say I know what's replaced it, although I vaguely recall hearing that something did.

That website needs to be updated. Bella Luna has been closed for years, and I believe Spezia is now Sola.