• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Visiting Seattle for Anniversary

Glad you had such a wonderful time at all those restaurants!

I would say that the only disappointment the entire night was the bread.  I had heard previously from someone on this board how amazing the bread was, so being a lover of bread, I was very much looking forward to it.  It was, in my opinion, just like any other bread I have had at much lesser restaurants.

That was me raving about the bread. When I was there, they served the sourdough from Essentials bakery, which is great. I don't know if they were serving that particular bread the night you were there, but I doubt it, as (in general) I think the bread in Seattle is much better than anything I've found in Vancouver restaurants and bakeries. Mix and Terra don't have anything on Essential and Macrina.

Edited by Ling (log)