• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

In the course of my perambulations around the city centre today, I came across a small hardware store which is closing down. They mostly stocked kitchen gear of average quality. Of course, I had a look. Everything was the same price. ¥2.00 (30 cents USD). They had little I wanted , but I did pick up a pack of three self-adhesive hooks, then I saw this knife.

59cba433dd6cd_knife1.thumb.jpg.dbfb13f11985df4d9e7ce1ac994bceab.jpg

It is sharper than I would have guessed but I have no idea what its intended use might be but at that price, I thought "why not?" The young girl who relieved me of two pictures of Chairman Mao had no idea either. She has been taken on temporarily by the liquidators.

The blade is about three inches long. Here it is in my average size hand.

59cba42c24648_knife2.thumb.jpg.329ea5827d5ccfeacc2cf5efa3ce314f.jpg

Suggestions as to what it might have been designed for would be very welcome, thanks.

liuzhou

liuzhou

In the course of my perambulations around the city centre today, I came across a small hardware store which is closing down. They mostly stocked kitchen gear of average quality. Of course, I had a look. Everything was the same price. ¥2.00 (30 cents USD). They had little I wanted , but I did pick up a pack of three self-adhesive hooks, then I saw this knife.

I have no idea what its intended use might be but at that price, I thought "why not?" The young girl who relieved me of two pictures of Chairman Mao had no idea either. She has been taken on temporarily by the liquidators.

The blade is about three inches long. Here it is in my average size hand.

Suggestions as to what it might have been designed for would be very welcome, thanks.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have no idea what its intended use might be but at that price, I thought "why not?" The blade is about three inches long. Here it is in my average size hand.