• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations for dining in Prosser/Walla Walla

My wife and I are taking a multi-day trip in April to go through the Yakima, Prosser, Red Mountain and Walla Walla area. We would appreciate any suggestions for dining in those areas. We already have made a reservation at 26 Brix, but I am fresh out of ideas beyond that. Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

26 Brix is very good. We've only had Sunday brunch there, but it was wonderful. It's expensive! I'm going to have dinner there next time and am really looking forward to it.

Whitehouse Crawford I think is pretty ok, or a little better. It's a beautiful space, but they have a lot of attitude that really bugs me. For example, on a day when it was over 100 degrees at dinner time, all the main dishes were hot, and I asked for a large salad with some protein as a main course, even though the chef was standing right there and the restaurant was less than 1/4 full, they wouldn't make me an off-menu cold dish. I haven't been back since.

The Marc, in the Marcus Whitman hotel, has quite decent food. If they have the cantaloupe and almond soup, get it.

Fine dining is not easy to come by in that area. You can get a good sandwich at Merchant's, a good pizza at Sweet Basil, and a trippy old-fashioned breakfast at Clarette's.

• 3 weeks later...

The Iceburg Drive-in has been in Walla-Walla for over 30 years and should be a definate destination on any ones list. The past few times I have returned, their shakes seem a little less like i remember from my childhood, but, nonetheless wonderful.